Welcome to 2011. We had a quiet New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day here. Had some good food. Watched a movie. Today I started working on the second of my new year’s resolutions, which I’m determined I will be successful at. I’m not saying any more than that yet.
I’ve been reading a number of blogs lately, and toward the end of the year, they characteristically take a look back at the year. I want to buck that tradition. It’s a brand new year, and I want to focus on this year–the plans, opportunities and challenges ahead.
In no particular order, this year I plan to:
- Finish my novel
- Improve my overall health
- Start a writer’s group
- Laugh every day
- Write something every day
- Learn new things to add to my technical skillset (already learned how to track word count in Scrivener, my writing software)
- Walk on the beach with the husband
So, that’s my starting list. What’s yours?
Categories: Inspiration, Random Thoughts
Well…here are the ones I jotted down the other day — note the lack of specificity 🙂
1) Journal more — attempt to write SOMETHING every day (for today, this is it!)
2) Do 3 things to improve my health
3) Make, save and have more $
4) finish the 1st draft of my novel by the end of the year
5) quit smoking SOMETIME in 2011. It might be 12/31/11, but I’ll give it a go…
and a new one to add to the list…
6) join a writer’s group this year
Enjoy the rest of your vacation, but do hurry back!
Thanks for sharing. I think I can help with #4 and #6. 🙂